Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully as they contain important information about your rights and obligations when purchasing a private registration from Unique Business Registration Plates.
By agreeing to the terms below, you are entering into a legally binding contract between yourself and UBR Plates. In purchasing a registration plate from UBR Plates, you confirm you are agreeing to the terms and conditions below.
Under the distance selling act 2000, all rights are lost when agreeing to the terms and conditions, no cancellation or returns can be granted, and the process will begin immediately. If you require any more information please contact us at email@example.com
1. A buyer shall be deemed to be found once UBR Plates have received a full payment by any means such as a PayPal or cash from an intending purchaser of the registration mark.
2. UBR Plates shall be responsible for the administering of documentation required to transfer the registration mark and will process all papers as quickly as possible, but will not be liable for any losses howsoever caused due to any delay other than on the part of UBR Plates. In the unlikely event that the DVLA revokes the right to a registration mark, UBR Plates will not be liable for any damages, interest, or other expense incurred whatsoever.
3. If we are transferring the registration to a vehicle, the buyer is responsible for producing the documentation of the vehicle receiving the mark. If a registration is being supplied on a Retention Certificate, we will arrange this within 7 days of DVLA approving the application. The current DVLA fee of £80.00 is included in the total purchase price of all our registrations. If you do not wish to attach your purchased registration plate to a vehicle immediately then we can simply transfer the retention certificate into your name.
4. Under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, if a buyer does not proceed with the transfer of the registration mark after paying the full payment, or fails to supply the full documentation required by DVLA, then no part of this payment is refundable, whatsoever, as the service period commences immediately. Ordered registrations cannot be refunded or exchanged, nor will any cancellations be accepted. Please note there is no cooling off period permitted.
5. All registrations are sold subject to availability and we cannot accept any responsibility should the donor of the registration change their mind in respect of selling, or in the unlikely event of failure of the transfer at DVLA transfer level. All registration availability and prices shown throughout this website are subject to change without notice.
6. Use of this website’s “Buy Online” facility does not guarantee price or availability of your chosen registration.
7. The Buyer of any registration mark must forward full payment before a transfer will be submitted to the DVLA, or it’s agents. This payment must be made within 3 days of securing the registration or the transaction will be deemed a failure and the buyer will forfeit the plate. We must receive any required vehicle documents within a maximum of 28 days from the date of initial payment.
8. In the unlikely event of us being unable to supply a registration or if the transaction fails, prior to completion, due to no fault of the buyer then he/she will receive a full refund of all amounts paid only. This will be in the form of payment received be it PayPal or cash.
9. The issue of a new V5 bearing the new registration number shall be conclusive proof that a successful transfer has taken place for both Buyer and Seller.
10. Any registration supplied on a retention certificate will be required to be assigned to a vehicle or the retention period extended before the certificate expiry date. Should neither of the above be done, ownership and all rights to the registration can be lost. In the event UBR Plates can recover the ownership and rights to the registration mark, an admin fee of £90.00 must be made payable to UBR Plates in addition to the DVLA fee. Please note UBR Plates does not make any guarantee the ownership and rights can be recovered.
11. The Secretary of State for Transport, Environment of the Regions or their agents, the DVLA (as keeper of their records), may at any time revoke the right to a registration mark for whatever reason. In this highly unlikely event UBR Plates cannot be held responsible. UBR Plates are also not liable for any change in Government legislation or it’s consequences.
12. Although you can purchase a registration that is newer than your vehicle, you cannot display a number plate on a vehicle that makes that same vehicle appear newer. Please note that numbers cannot be cancelled or changed and it is your responsibility to purchase a registration mark that is suitable for the intended vehicle.
13. The registrations displayed on this website may sometimes be shown as visual representations only and it is the buyers responsibility to display the registration in accordance with the Road Vehicles Regulations 2001.
15. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure the registered name (Nominee Name) is correct at the time of purchase. Should the given name be incorrect and required to be changed or amended an admin fee of £30.00 will be payable to UBR Plates.
16. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to understand the terms and conditions set out by the DVLA before purchasing a registration mark via online. UBR Plates will accept no liability.
The terms of this contract do not affect your statutory rights.
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be subject to the policies and Terms and Conditions in force at the time that you use the website. Use of our website and services signifies acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.